Tortilla bases are rather clever things, they make very nice little pizzas in a hurry.
How to make them:
1. Lightly coat the tortilla with some jar tomato pasta sauce or passata.
2. Add the cheese of your choice – use Parmesan, Gruyere, blue or lovely mature cheddar.
3. Add your toppings!
4. Bake in the oven at a preheated 180 C for 5-10 minutes (depending on your toppings).
2 easy recipes
– Simple tomato, red onions and and herbs – This is simple but very popular, try the recipe.
– Blue cheese, pear, coppa (cured pork) and rocket – This is a fancy but easy to make recipe. Try the recipe for a flavour explosion.
Here are some more wonderful flavour combinations to try on the basic tomato sauce and cheese base
1 . Pizza bianco – brush with olive oil, herb seasoning ,cheese. Bake for 5 minutes and when you take it out, scatter with fresh herbs (basil, thyme are good) and salt.
2. Bacon and blue – Follow the first 2 steps and add crispy bacon and blue cheese. Bake and add avo as soon as you take it out.
3. Mushroom and thyme – Follow the first 2 steps and add mushrooms (try portabellini and interesting mushrooms for more flavour) and thyme. Bake and enjoy!
4. Artichoke and basil – Follow the first 2 steps and add pickled (jarred) artichoke hearts and Parmesan. Bake and add the fresh basil as soon as you take it out.
5. Margherita – Follow the first 2 steps and add slices of tomato, baby boconcini (mozzarella balls) and bake. When it comes out, scatter over the fresh basil leaves.
6. Smoked salmon – Follow the first 2 steps and add thin strips of smoked salmon, creme fraiche and bake. When it comes out, scatter over fresh basil or dill leaves.
7. Brie and sweet onion – Follow the first 2 steps and add caramelised onions and thin slices of brie (which you bake with the pizza).