South African actress, model, singer and dancer, Londela Mlaba best known for her role as Sibahle, Dhlomo’s 23-year-old long lost daughter, in the SABC1 soapie Uzalo. It was her first credited television role.
Below are the interesting things you might not know about the actress:
1. Mlaba was born in 1991 at North Coast Eskhawini H2 Section. She and her family moved to the Manzimtoti area in 1995 after the passing of her father. She started her pre-school education in Kwamakhutha and later moved to Phoenix, where she continued her primary education in 1999.
2. In 2000 she started her dance career, dancing in school concerts and beauty pageants as she by the age of 12 started taking interest in beauty pageants.
3. She studied her secondary education in Burnwood in 2004 and continued in Phoenix Technical secondary in 2005-2006 and completed the rest of her education in Avoca Secondary School in 2008.
4. Londeka started by studying Law at UNISA as she continued in UKZN (PMB Campus) from 2010, but because it was not her long lasting dream she did not complete her degree in LLB but changed it to a BA majoring in Drama and Performance Art, Media and Cultural Studies at Howard College Campus.
5. She completed a number of productions on campus one being Have You Seen Zandile by Gcina Mhlophe, playing the character of Lulama. She completed her degree in PMB Campus in 2014 June.
6. She was cast in the play Kwasukasukela (Folktales) by Mike Mvelase, playing the role of Dumazane who danced, sang and acted at the Stable Theatre. She ventured towards the world of photography modelling whilst performing in different events doing contemporary dance as a profession.
7. In January 2015 she was cast in the production Prince Senie: The Curse Of Logozo, by Linen Shabalala, playing the role of Tabitha doing both dance and acting at Catalina Theatre.
8. In September that year she was one of 12 actors to be mentored at the Playhouse Company in Durban, where she performed dance, singing, poetry and acting. One of the plays she appeared in was Hello and Goodbye by Athol Fugard, in which she played the character of Hester at the Opera Theatre.
9. In December 2015 she acted in Asambeni, an industrial theatre piece for the Chamber of Commerce targeting a number of different Municipal Departments, in the role of Sonto. She was then employed by the Grace of Destiny Dance Company (JHB) in February 2016 as a dancer and actor, performing in different events and music videos.
10. In March 2016 she landed her breakthrough role as Sibahle on South Africa’s biggest television series, Uzalo.