Eggs are very nutritious, whether you boil or fry them before eating. even if you use them as part of the ingredients in cooking or baking, they still have a range of benefits they contribute to the health.
Eating an egg per day helps you to stay healthy and keeps the doctor away.That is why it will be correct to classify it as part of the ‘super foods
The benefits of eating an egg especially when it is boiled are numerous. Some of the benefits include the following;
1. Eggs are high in cholesterol, there is a proportion of cholesterol that the body needs. Eggs thereby raise the good cholesterol in the body (HDL).
Therefore, the level of good cholesterol in the body reduces the risk of heart diseases.
2. Also, an egg contains lutein and zeaxanthin, these are powerful antioxidants that benefit the eye and promote eye health.
When you consume an adequate amount of these nutrients, they can significantly reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, as well as other eye disorders.
Vitamin A, a component in eggs also help the eyes, if there is a deficiency of Vitamin A, it can cause blindness.
3. Eggs also contain protein as well as the essential amino acids that the body needs to function properly. Adequate protein in the diet helps to increase muscle mass, it lowers blood pressure and also helps to optimize bone health.
4. Eating an egg also reduces the risk of heart diseases as well as stroke.
5. Eggs contain choline and it is good for the proper functioning of the brain.
6. A boiled egg also help to build strong bones.
Eat an egg a day to keep the doctor away, It is important to eat foods that add value to the health.