|There are so many reasons to feel good about South Africa!
The rainbow nation is truly a hospitable bunch, with diverse cultures and great pride in their country.
The climate is rated as one of the best in the world. Even winter has sunshine!
Few countries in the world have the quality of drinking water from the tap direct!
The wildlife – Unrivalled
One massive country with so many different regions.
A constitution that is held in high regard by world leaders.
Tourism is one of the top performing sectors of the economy, and it is not difficult to see why when you visit!
(courtesy of www.sagoodnews.co.za)
- Of the 12 countries in the world that supply tap water South Africa is rated 3rd in the world in supplying safe, drinkable tap water.Cape Town has become the first city in Africa to feature in the National Geographic Traveler Magazine’s Places of a Lifetime website.
- Three of the five fastest land animals live in South Africa – the cheetah (63 miles per hour), the wildebeest and the lion.
- South Africa has the oldest wine industry outside of Europe and the Mediterranean, featuring Chardonnays, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cinsault, Riesling, Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinotage varietals.
- The Shongololo Lounge at OR Tambo International Airport has been voted the best VIP lounge in the Africa/Middle East region.
- Cape Town International Airport has been named the best airport in Africa by the Airports Council International.