Google has launched its virtual reality headset, Daydream, as it looks to stamp its mark on the growing virtual reality (VR) market.
Daydream, which has reportedly been in development for around 18 months, gives its users in-depth virtual experiences, and is now available for purchase.
Here are 6 things to know about the device:
1. Its sensors have capabilities for precision tracking, wireless, Bluetooth low energy (LE).
2. Daydream VR has a USB Type-C connector which supports fast charging.
3. It is powered by 220 mAh battery with run-time up to 12 hours.
4. It works with Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL phones but more Android phones will be compatible in due course.
5. With Daydream VR, one will be able to watch IMAX movies and documentaries which is a first for virtual reality devices.
6. Its headsets are packaged with a wireless controller which can be used for interacting with the virtual world through button presses or through waving the device.
7. Its remote control can be used for navigating menus and playing games.