From a Durban policewoman standing her ground on camera, to the cheapest vehicles to service or repair locally… we’ve seen many amazing motoring stories so far this week.
We’ve reported on the cheapest local vehicles to maintain in their respective categories. A Durban police officer was filmed by a very stubborn motorist. The clip has since gone viral.
Other stories include Ryk Neethling and his team from Val de Vie Estate giving away a Ferrari California to one lucky resident.
The RallyCross championship that will stage a round at Killarney raceway in November 2017.
Here are our list of uniquely SA stories:
1. ‘Please shut up now!’ This Durban policewoman takes no nonsense
If you’re driving an unlicenced, unroadworthy vehicle in SA it’s best not to argue with the police. Watch as this driver films an altercation with a policewoman in Durban.
2. Is your child wearing a seatbelt? Few SA parents obey this law
‘This is extremely worrying and speaks directly to the poor attitude drivers,’ says the AA as its research found that less than 7% of children in cars are wearing seatbelts.
3. Kyalami Motorsport Festival: A rookie preps for her first race
The VW Media Challenge race returns at the inaugural Motorsport Festival at Kyalami this weekend. Wheels24’s Janine Van der Post, one of the racers, shares some advice for rookies…
4. SA’s cheapest cars to service and repair revealed…
Do you drive a Quest, a Fortuner, Xenon, NP200 or a 208? If so, you’ll be happy to know that you own one of the cheapest vehicles in its class locally to service or repair.
5. SA Olympic swimmer Ryk Neethling ‘gives away’ R4-million Ferrari
One lucky Val de Vie resident walked away with a new Ferrari, courtesy of Olympic gold medalist Ryk Neethling. Wheels24’s Charlen Raymond was there as the suspense unfolded.
Image: Val de Vie Estate
6. Cape Town to make World RallyCross debut in Nov 2017
Motorsport fans, pencil in November 11-12 2017, that’s when the Killarney race circuit will host the season-finale of the 2017 World Rallycross Championship, the FIA has revealed.
7. Another SA fuel price hike likely – AA
Bad news for SA motorists – fuel price hikes are likely at the end of October, reports the Automobile Association.
8. Bring on the Bloodhound: On site at SA landspeed-record bid
We travel to Hakskeen pan in the Northern Cape and speak to Andy Green, pilot of the supersonic Bloodhound SSC, about the upcoming world land-speed record attempt in SA.
9. Q&A: SA teen Savannah Woodward takes on Red Bull Rookie trials
SA racing teen, Savannah Woodward, is participating in the Red Bull Rookies Cup trials in Spain. We find out more about this Benoni-born rider.
Image: Eugene Liebenburg
10. Audi Sport TT Cup: Great debut season for SA’s Sheldon van der Linde
SA’s Sheldon van der Linde finished his debut season in the Audi Sport TT Cup in fourth place.
11. Mi Casa joins Mercedes-Benz SA as ambassadors
South African band Mi Casa joins Mercedes-Benz as ambassadors for the Three-Pointed star.