Career Junction recently released its salary review for South Africa for 2016, listing the salary ranges across many sectors across the country.
The review is compiled exclusively for the South African workforce and HR/recruitment professionals, and is based on over 30,000 job listings on the CareerJunction website.
Retail, and real-estate industries contribute a large portion to the overall GDP of the country, while general sales positions provide jobs security for hundreds of thousands of people.
According to Career Junction, people in sales related positions can expect to earn the following:
According to Payscale, the average pay for a sales consultant in SA is R99,970 per year.Salaries range between R49,340 – R237,337.
“Skills that are associated with high pay for this job are Strategic Sales, Field Sales, Sales Administration, Sales, and Sales Management,” it said.
Pay can vary depending on where in the country you reside, Payscale said.
- Johannesburg – Median Pay Total: R132,343 (R25,982 above national average)
- Centurion – Median Pay Total: R125,126 (R18,764 above national average)
- Durban – Median Pay Total: R109,502 (R3,140 above national average)
- Cape Town – Median Pay Total: R104,349 (R-2,013 below national average)
- Pretoria – Median Pay Total: R99,107 (R-7,255 below national average)
Source: Business Tech