9 Sexually Transmitted Diseases
image source: www.zliving.com
Cøndøms are important if you want to protect yourself against STIs and prevent unwanted pregnancies but failure to use a cøndøm properly will reduce its effectiveness.
1. Not wearing a cøndøms for the entire duration of s€x is a common mistake men make when using condoms. Any genital contact before a cøndøms is worn can lead to STIs. So ensure you use a cøndøms right at the beginning and keep it until you’re finished.
2. Using a cøndøms without adequate lubrication is another common mistake men make. Using cøndøms without adequate lubrication can lead to the cøndøm tearing. When using lubes, avoid lubes like coconut oil, lotions, massage oils and petroleum jelly as they can break down the latex. Use water-based lubes instead.
3. Using expired cøndøms is another common mistake most men make. A cøndøm’s effectiveness is reduced after a condom expires so its important you check the expiration date before use.
4. Not waiting until you are hard is another common mistake men make when using cøndøms. Before wearing a cøndøm, it’s important you wait until you are hard down there.
5. Not leaving some room at the tip of the cøndøm is another common mistake men make when using cøndøms. Ensure you always leave a room at the tip of the cøndøm when wearing a cøndom.
6. Not rolling the cøndøm down to the base of the pen*s is another mistake most men make when using cøndøms. Always ensure you roll the cøndøm all the way down to the base of the pen*s when using cøndøm.
7. Not knowing the right size of cøndøm to wear is another common mistake most men make. Avoid using cøndøms that don’t roll all the way down to the base of the pen*s or cøndøms that are too tight. Go a bigger cøndøms if you have this issue.
8. Reusing a cøndøm is a common mistake that should be avoided. It’s important you use a new cøndøm for every s€x act.
9. Using two cøndøms at once is another common mistake men make when using cøndøms. It’s important to note that using two cøndøms will not give you double protection. Using double cøndøms will increase the likelihood of cøndøm tear.