Greek chicken casserole is the correct recipe for your weeknight supper.
1 chicken, portioned
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
3 cinnamon sticks
2 large tomatoes, skinned and sliced (or use a handful of baby tomatoes)
Large handful black olives
1 large lemon, very thinly sliced
Juice of 1 small lemon
60ml (4 tbsp) dry white wine
A few sprigs fresh rosemary
1) Arrange chicken pieces without overlapping in shallow oven-proof dish.
2) Spread over the garlic, season and drizzle with the oil.
3) Place cinnamon sticks between chicken portions and arrange tomato slices, olives and lemon slices on top of chicken.
4) Combine lemon juice and wine and pour over chicken.
5) Top with rosemary and bake at 180°C for an hour. Remove cinnamon sticks and rosemary before serving.