Shea butter is from the tree ‘ Vitellaria paradoxa’. There are many benefits of shea butter that might be unknown to us.
This butter is natural ( if you purchased the natural and unrefined one) and in its natural form, it has some essential benefits it contributes to the health and the body at large.
We can cook with shea butter, we can apply it on our hair, it does great wonder on the hair. It is also skin friendly and can also serve as a treatment for minor wounds.
Little wonder many companies use it as one of their major ingredients in the production of body lotions, body creams, cosmetics, etc.
Also, pure shea butter is edible, although it might not taste as delicious as your ice cream, and some other edibles it does a whole lot in the body.
As we know already, shea butter can be used in a variety of ways. The amazing benefits of shea butter include the following;
1. Because of the natural and essential nutrients that she butter contains, it serves as an ingredient in producing body products such as creams and lotions.
It helps to achieve a good skin texture as well as a glowing skin. It is rich in fats that make it an excellent emollient and skin moisturizing agent.
2. Also, it is beneficial to hair health. It helps in growing a long, strong and healthy hair. It also serves as one of the ingredients we use either to prevent or stop hair breakage.
Generally, it is an essential nutrient that helps to prevent hair damage.
3. Shea butter also contains anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, this help to prevent or reduce skin diseases, especially inflammatory one.
4. It also protects the skin from being damaged by the harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
5. Another benefit of shea butter is that it serves as an anti-aging agent. It helps to improve the elasticity of the skin.
However, we can derive all these important benefits by using the pure, natural and unrefined shea butter.