Find yourself straining to hear conversations or turning the TV up that little more? You might need a hearing test. If that is the case, getting a hearing test is simple, easy and can soon tell you if something is wrong. Here are reasons why you should get your hearing checked.
1. It can spot other health problems too: Hearing checks should be incorporated into your usual healthcare routine as hearing loss can be linked to other health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, heart health, osteoporosis, smoking, eye health and much more.
2. Helps you find the sound source: For some people, hearing loss occurs in one ear before the other. When sound is transmitted, it naturally hits one ear before hitting the other a split second later. This allows the brain to work out where the noise has come from, so if one ear is unable to hear noise it can be very disorientating.
3. You’ll be safer: We subconsciously engage our hearing in everything we do: our ears help us in daily life with everything from crossing the road to hearing our office phones ring. Being unable to hear things like oncoming traffic automatically puts us at risk.
4. Remember, it might be nothing: Having your hearing checked doesn’t necessarily mean that you will need to wear a hearing aid. Regular hearing checks mean you can monitor your hearing health.
5. The sooner the better: The sooner you seek help for your hearing, the better your hearing is likely to be in the long-term. Like your vision, the earlier you start wearing hearing aids, the slower the rate of hearing deterioration due to natural wear and tear will be.
6. Untreated hearing loss increases your chance of dementia, falling, depression, social isolation and more.
7. Because you want to be proactive about your health and live a healthy lifestyle!