Sleep is very important for everyone and your body requires certain hours of sleep daily. National Sleep recommends 11 to 14 hours for toddlers and about 9- 11 hours for adults. So when exactly are you sleep deprived ? In 24 hours you have to get less than 5 hours of sleep to be deprived of sleep. And it’s really easy to spot someone who is lacking sleeping and some of the things that happen when they have not slept well.
Sleep plays a vital role in your body’s ability to heal and repair your blood vessels and heart. Sleep deprivation can lead to higher risk of chronic health problems like high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
1. YOU START DOZING OFF: This is very common when students pull an “All-nighter” and start dozing off in the exam hall! Or when you stayed up all night to watch Game of Thrones and you have to show up at work, everyone at the office know you didn’t get any sleep.
2. YOU LOOSE YOUR BEAUTY: It’s called beauty sleep for a reason, the easiest way to know that someone hasn’t slept by their looks. The Eye Bags, swollen eyes, rough skin. If there’s any reason to sleep – do it for your looks.
3. YOU START GAINING WEIGHT: You must have heard that sleeping makes you gain weight – well that’s a big lie. You are more likely to gain weight you are chronically sleep deprived, you’re also at increased risk of problems with your cardiovascular system.
4. YOU START FORGETTING THINGS: Lack of sleep affects cognition. You start to notice that you forget easily and also your level of understanding and memory begins to drop
5. IT CAN CAUSE ACCIDENTS: Lacking sleep means that you are sleepy and that makes you tired and your body begins to fail you. So things can easily fall off your hand, you can walk into a wall and worst of all sleep while driving.