Kiwifruit contains almost 20 vital nutrients and five times the Vitamin C in an orange, which shows that kiwi can legitimately be called a super fruit. This fuzzy brown powerhouse with bright green flesh also contains vitamins A, B, E and K, Potassium, Copper Folate and Fibre.
Here the Health Benefits Of Kiwifruit
1. Boosts Your Immunity: for its high content of Vitamins C and E, two medium Kiwis gives about 230 percent of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C, almost twice that of an orange. Studies have shown that Vitamin C boosts the immune system and fights stress and aging. It also promotes healing and iron absorption for healthy bones, blood vessels, and teeth. In addition to their vitamin C goodness, kiwis contain a rare, fat-free form of Vitamin E which is a potent antioxidant said to help lower cholesterol and boost immunity. Vitamin E also helps to protect the skin from degeneration. Both vitamins (C and E) act as antioxidants and are being studied for their potential to help protect against cancer-causing cell damage.
2. Helps Manage Blood Pressure: kiwifruit contains about 30mg of magnesium. Magnesium is crucial to nerve and muscle function and it boosts energy level. With 20 percent more potassium than a banana, it’s a great way to get this essential mineral that helps manage blood pressure, along with decreased risk of kidney stones, osteoporosis and stroke.
3. Improves Digestive Health: kiwifruit is fat-free and two kiwis alone contain more fiber than most cereals. Kiwifruit is a good option for people who need to manage their blood sugar – they have a glycemic index of 52. They‘re also a fresh and delicious. In a way, they help to maintain heart health, regulate digestion and manage cholesterol.
4. Helps Fight Heart Disease: Eating 2 to 3 kiwis a day has been shown to reduce the potential of blood clotting by 18 percent and reduce triglycerides by 15 percent. Many individuals take aspirin to reduce blood clotting, but this causes many side effects including inflammation and intestinal bleeding. Kiwi fruit has the same anti-clotting benefits with no side effects, just addition to health benefits.
5. Suitable For People With Diabetes: Kiwifruit is in the low category for glycemic index and it does not raise your blood sugar quickly. It has a glycemic load of 4 which means it is safe for people with diabetes.