The leading local car, campervan and 4×4 hire company that prides itself on offering personal service and pocket-friendly fees all year round
Having been around for over a decade, 4 Seasons Car Rental has enough history behind it to know precisely how to deal with the springs, summers, autumns and winters of vehicle hire needs. So today, regardless of what customers’ specific requests are, it’s a master at making people mobile. This is especially relevant for those who are looking to rent reliable 4x4s to conquer the rugged landscape of South Africa as the business prides itself on offering reliable, all-terrain vehicles fitted with camping equipment for anyone wanting to go off the beaten path.
Owner Wouter Evers established the reputable company back in 2005 out of frustration about the fact that too many car hire businesses offer poor service; deliver old, unreliable vehicles; and don’t cater to the many swallows that come to Cape Town for long two- or three-month stretches. And so he launched a venture that addresses all of these issues.
The 4 Seasons firm operates in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Swaziland (you can pick up your ride in one place and drop it off somewhere else) and aside from 4x4s, it also specialises in both standard cars (hatchbacks and sedans) and campervans.
For those who are itching for more information, we’ve picked out a number of specific reasons why hiring a vehicle from this company is a good, safe choice below.
7 REASONS TO RENT A CAR FROM 4 SEASONS
1. 4 Seasons Car Rental promises service that’s as personal as it gets. The company puts a heap of time and energy into tending to the needs of each customer individually. It’s a small business, so patrons can count on dealing with the same smiling faces every time they make contact and they don’t have to worry about being passed from one clueless operator to the next. The staff, who can speak multiple languages (including English, German, Dutch, Afrikaans and Spanish), go the extra mile by delivering vehicles to specified locations on request, doing meet-and-greets at airports and walking travellers through every detail of the vehicle they’ve hired before it’s handed over to them.
2. The company’s fleet comprises a wide range of new, clean, well-maintained vehicles. Whether you require a small Chevrolet Spark or Kia Picanto, a medium-sized Toyota Corolla or Honda Ballade, a large Iveco Discoverer Motorhome or Ford Ranger 4×4, a manual or automatic ride, 4 Seasons has got you covered, and every option is in excellent condition. Though the company offers cheap rates, it doesn’t do cheap cars, so every vehicle is reliable and high quality and comes fitted with air conditioning, radio and airbags. Not to mention, they’re all kept spotless, so you don’t have to worry about sticky steering wheels or smelly interiors.
3. Booking a car or campervan is incredibly easy. The new 4 Seasons website is streamlined for great user experience and makes 24-hour booking an absolute dream. Customers can hire a car in three easy steps: they just select the dates and locations for pick-up and drop-off, choose the vehicle they want and confirm the booking (if payment is made immediately, patrons get a discount). There’s no need to deal with anyone in the process, but if clients do require help or have any questions, they can quickly and easily contact the 4 Seasons team.
4. You can get so much more than just a car. Because 4 Seasons is attached to a tourism company, it doesn’t just hire out cars, but can organise whole holiday packages on request (especially for those renting campervans and motorhomes). That is, if you need assistance in planning your trip, the team will happily suggest tour routes, book accommodation/campsites and even make restaurant reservations for you. In addition, they’ll ensure your 4×4 is fitted with all the camping equipment you might need, including crockery, cutlery, outdoor chairs and tables, bedding, a toolkit and more.
5. When the company says that insurance is all-inclusive, they mean it. You don’t have to worry that after a little accident you might find out that you weren’t covered for the things you thought you were. The all-inclusive rate covers everything from windscreen chips and tyre tears to undercarriage scrapes and third-party damage.
6. Rental fees are competitive and kilometres are unlimited. Not only are the prices for hire already reasonable, but you can also take comfort in the fact that there are no hidden costs. The rate includes an unlimited number of kilometres, so you don’t start paying more after you’ve travelled a certain distance, and the longer you hire the vehicle for, the less you pay per day. Long-term renters and regular patrons are also rewarded with the waiving of certain fees.
7. Customers get access to 24-hour roadside assistance at no extra charge. Because 4 Seasons only uses reliable cars, the chance that you’ll experience a breakdown or similar problem is slim, but if you do, you can rest assured you won’t be left stranded on the side of a road in a foreign country. The company’s clients can quickly get help for free regardless of where they are in South Africa (or in the other countries that the business operates in) or what time of day or night it is.
REQUIREMENTS FOR HIRING A VEHICLE FROM 4 SEASONS CAR RENTAL
Anyone looking to rent a vehicle from this reputable local company must be:
- 21 years of age or older in the case of cars and 23 years of age or older in the case of 4x4s/campervans.
- In possession of a valid driver’s licence (for at least two years).
- In possession of a credit card.
- In possession of an international driver’s licence (in the case of 4x4s and campervans only)
HOW TO HIRE A VEHICLE THROUGH 4 SEASONS CAR RENTAL
To book a rental car or 4×4 through this company, visit the website (www.4seasons-car-rental.com), call +27 (0)21 855 5691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that you’re mobile in the Mother City, take a look at our overview of things you must do in Cape Town while you’re here.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smart phone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!