Getting tired of that cauliflower rice? A low-carb lifestyle doesn’t have to be limiting – and these recipes prove it. Cheesecake, anyone?
Flourless vegetarian pizza
- ½head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 250 ml (1 c) mozzarella or mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- 5 ml (1 t) each dried basil and oregano
- 45 ml (3 T) basil pesto
- 180 ml (¾ c) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 giant mushrooms, sliced and fried
- handful pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 bocconcini balls, sliced
- pecorino cheese shavings (optional)
- herbs to garnish
1 Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a baking sheet.
2 Crust Microwave the cauliflower in a little water on high for about 8 minutes until soft, then drain.
3 Mix the cauliflower, garlic, cheese, egg, basil and oregano in a food processor.
4 Spread a 1cm thick layer of the cauliflower dough on the greased baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes until firm and brown around the edges.
5 Topping Spread the crust with basil pesto and scatter the mozzarella cheese on top. Add the mushrooms and olives. Top with the bocconcini slices and bake for a further 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Just before serving, add the pecorino shavings, if using, and garnish with herbs.