Banana is a healthy fruit, but its benefits is not limited in its nutritional value. Banana peel also has some amazing health benefits. Bananas are one of the most common fruits in India. Many people love bananas as a great snack in between meals.
Banana is known for its unique filling property and gives us burst of energy. After eating bananas, we throw the peel away. After this I am sure you will think twice before tossing the banana peel in the trash.
Banana peel contains high amount of vitamin B6, B12, magnesium, potassium as well as some fiber and protein. These banana peel nutrients make it great for our health and triple the health benefits of eating banana! Below we have listed Health Benefits of Banana Peel.
Bananas are the most healthy fruits. However many of us are unaware of the fact that the peels are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Here are some tips to re-use banana peels.
1. Prepare compost: Banana peels are known to break down quickly and can add several nutrients to the soil. Notice how fast your plants grow after you add peels to the soil.
2. Feed indoor plants: Take a large jar of water and soak a banana peel in it. Combine one part of the resulting banana peel water with five parts of regular water into a watering can in order to fertilize the plants.
3. Eat the peel: Boiling the peel for ten minutes, putting it into a juicer or blending it with other fruits can be extremely nutritional. But make sure you clean the peel to remove all the bacteria
4. Heal bruises: Not many know that banana peels can heal bruises. Either rub the banana peel on the bruise or tape it on throughout the night.
5. Polish leather and silver: Rubbing the moist side of the banana peel on your leather shoes can make them shine. You can also blend a peel with water to use it to shine silver.
6. Removal of warts: It is believed that applying banana peel to a wart overnight can help reduce them. Keep applying till they completely go away.
7. Get rid of insects: Gardeners are of the opinion that banana peels control aphids like greenflies, blackflies and whiteflies.
It’s a teeth whitener
Rubbing the inner part of a piece of the peel gently over your teeth for a few minutes can help to whiten your teeth. Be sure to do this once or twice a day and rinse off when you’re done. Probably the only exception to this is those that have naturally brown teeth, in that case a banana peel might not do much to help. In this case, a visit to a dentist will better help you.
Simply massage the banana peels gently on the blemish(es) or acne area of your body. Do it for a few minutes (like 5 minutes) for like two or three times a day. The antioxidants and nutrients in the peels will help to clear your blemishes and acne. Results should be visible in a week, and keep applying it until the blemish or acne disappears.
9.Brightens your skin
Gently rub the inner part of the peel on the area(s) of your skin you want to brighten and rinse off afterward. Do it as often as you can until you get your desired results.
10.Moisturizes your skin
Rubbing banana peels on the dry areas of your skin helps to soften and hydrate the skin. Gently massage the peels on the dry areas and do so as often as you can until you get your desired results.
11.It can function as a polish
Shoes, leather and silver can be made to shine instantly by rubbing a banana peel on them.
It is important to keep certain things in mind when using a banana peel for the above beauty reasons.
- A fresh banana peel is the most appropriate to use for the best results.
- A banana peel should be used immediately and not kept for long.
- Never store banana peels in a refrigerator.
- Refrain from being careless with banana peels. As you know, because of their slippery nature they can cause accidents when left on floors etc.