If people out there butcher your name just because it is hard to pronounce, you will totally relate to these Twitter users:
- Its irritating when you have to correct people all the time.
— Casie Gillette (@Casieg) October 12, 2016
2. They always ask you about it:
"is your name short for something? cause i feel like it could be short for tamatha or tamantha or something asian" #growingupwithmyname
— tam (@taamle) October 13, 2016
3. When a teacher takes the register, you just wait for them to pronounce your name; gasping when they actually get it right:
#growingupwithmyname only time a teacher correctly pronounced my last name on the first try it turned out he had gone to school w/ my family
— Mikaela Prien (@awesome_mikaela) October 9, 2016
4. Or you’ll just correct them in time:
When people do roll call & there is an awkward pause, I just raise my hand knowing it's me & save them from trying. #GrowingUpWithMyName
— Akvile Harlow (@AkvileHarlow) October 5, 2016
5. Some people think you’re joking:
#growingupwithmyname "What's your real name? …. No really, what is it?"
— Princess (@PrincessOsma) October 7, 2016
6. The boy/girl dilemma:
#growingupwithmyname "isn't that a girls name?" Or they spell it Jamie
— Jaime Bazan (@beanieboy147) October 5, 2016
#growingupwithmyname "that's a boys name"
IT IS UNISEX THANK YOU VERY MUCH
— cry bailey (@1800AskBailey) October 5, 2016
8. Sometimes you’ll just let it go…
9. Or they’ll throw some cheesy pick-up lines in there:
#growingupwithmyname "was it chance, Destiny, or fate that we met, Destinee?" ?
— Destinee ? (@ayyee_destinee) October 5, 2016
10. Or they make comparisons:
#growingupwithmyname people always ask "Mercedes like the car" ?
— lilly (@bigmama_y0) October 5, 2016