- uShaka Marine WorldUShaka has fast positioned itself as a key attraction on Durban’s Golden Mile, offering a world of entertainment, excitement, fun and uniqueness. UShaka Marine World models itself as a water themed park and boasts variety of attractions; top six being Wet & Wild, Sea World, Village Walk, uShaka Kids World, UShaka Beach & Dangerous Creatures. Combined into one ball of extreme fun you can enjoy the non-stop entertainment in a safe, secure and clean environment that echoes the sounds of amusement, laughter and the spirit of togetherness.
- Beach Experience (Water lifestyle)Our city is famous for its Water lifestyle! Durban boasts a wide range of water activities it would be unfair to pin point one. From sunrise to sunset Durban coastline gives you a calming feel whether you’re a holiday maker, sporting or business person. From kayaking at Umgeni River, to Jet skiing at Blue Lagoon, sun basking at Suncoast Casino & Entertainment World, Clubbing on top of the waves at uShaka Moyo Pier, wining and dining in Wilson’s Wharf, Yachting from the harbor and most of all; Surfers & Bathers know Durban for its awesome wavescape.
- City Tour (Ricksha Bus)See our spectacular city from the Ricksha Bus; this tour is more like an induction to the city’s best attractions, our treasured history. The double-decker bus famously which is also known to many as the famous topless bus, will take you on a three-hour tour of Durban that includes the beachfront, uShaka Marine World, Emmanuel Cathedral, Victoria Street Market, Burman Bush, Blue Lagoon and other sites of interest. Stay back, relax and enjoy the ride as the tour guide gives you a glimpse of what this beautiful city has to offer.
- Thousand Hills ExperienceValley of 1000 Hills is a tranquil and very scenic area situated inland just 30 min drive from Durban. This Valley is very relaxed; it fuses the luxury of laid-back country living with an ancient and diverse culture on its doorstep. The highlight of 1000 Hills attractions include: Phezulu Safari Park which offers Game drives, Cultural village, Crocodile & Snake Park just to mention a few. Umgeni Stream Railway train is the 100 years old choo-choo that can take you on a day trip through bustling villages of 1000 Hills. It’s a destination perfect for escaping the hustle and bustle of city living.
- Umhlanga Rocks ExperienceTwo words: “Suburban Bliss”. Umhlanga Rocks is situated just north of Durban, this coast offers partying atmosphere, beach resorts, nature reserves, fine wining & dining and a superb shopping experience. It’s a great family holidaydestination at the same time it deserves top billing with its top attractions like Sharks Board and Gateway The theatre of shopping, which is an enormous but rather fabulous mall. Gateway offerings include exquisite supermarkets, boutiques, movie theatres, restaurants and hundreds of other retail therapy outlets; it’s far from your average mall.
- The Sapphire CoastThe town of Amanzimtoti (meaning ‘sweet waters’ in Zulu) is said to have been named by the great Zulu King Shaka after tasting the fresh water that flows out of the hills at this scenic spot. It is situated on the coast a short drive south of Durban. This part of the coast is a popular destination for Scuba divers who came to explore Aliwal Shoal, a fossilized sand dune that lies 5km off the Umkomaas river mouth. A myriad of warm water reef fish and cold water fish converge on Aliwal Shoal to create a kaleidoscope of Colour. For those who prefer to remain on terra firma, the beaches of the Sapphire Coast provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy Swimming, surfing or Fishing. Nature lovers can explore the Amanzimtoti bird Sanctuary or Stroll in one of the nature reserves. For a taste of local history or culture, there are a number of arts and crafts stores offering a selection of handmade goods, and the Adams Mission College founded in 1884.
- Township ExperienceMax’s Lifestyle: is a hugely popular venue frequented by all cultures and races from all over the world. Max’s Lifestyle is the best restaurants in Umlazi, with traditional “Kasie” (Ethnic Township Location) culture where one can enjoy, feel, and experience unique township culture in upmarket trendy and safe surroundings. Also popular for Sunday sessions where Top DJ’s entertain those who enjoy good music and dancing and the VIP Lounge is available for who prefer a relaxed less noisy environment.
The Comfort Zone: is strategically located at the entrance of the historic township of Clermont in Durban, near Pinetown is the perfect place to relax in comfort eKasi. The unusual and special venue prides itself with sheer quality blending good food, good music which assures the discerning customer a superior top class atmosphere indeed. Duly registered and fully-licensed, The Comfort Zone is a restaurant, bar and top class entertainment venue of a special kind. The Comfort Zone is open seven days a week from 10am till late at night.
Sbu’s Lounge: is situated on Road MR 93, House 11089, Amatikwe Phase 2, INANDA, on the INANDA heritage route.50 meters from the INANDA police station on the way to INANDA Dam & Ebuhleni (Shembe church). It’s a humble chilled, safe, impressive spot. Marketed as the ultimate township experience, offering a full bar, braaied meat, pap and African cuisine is prepared while you wait. Great vibes: up-beat music, with V.I.P Areas that offers African look & feel. We also boasts a car wash while you enjoying your drinks and food. Locals, tourist, movers and shakers are spoilt for choice. They also cater for corporate players and BEE types.
- Casinos and EntertainmentSuncoast Casino and Entertainment World: is on Durban’s Golden Mile is one of the city’s brightest attractions. Built in the Art Deco style for which Durban is famous, it illuminates the sky with its 6km of neon lighting. Suncoast is the biggest casino in South Africa, boasting a gaming floor of 7000m2. The casino has 1 330 slot machines and 50 gaming tables, as well as the SUNstruck progressive, Durban’s only million Rand paying bank of slot machines. Suncoast’s private beach is one of the best in South Africa. A grassed embankment bordered by layers of indigenous vegetated dunes looks over a wide, flat beach right onto the Indian Ocean. Suncoast’s eight cinema complex shows all the latest blockbusters, including an array of hot Bollywood movies, and is home of to the 18m Supernova screen, the largest cinema screen in KwaZulu-Natal.
Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom: Have over 1000 slot and 24 touch-bet roulette machines, as well as roulette, Blackjack and poker tables. There is also a Zulu theatre, Krakatoa, pulsating nightlife, and Mangwanani Sibaya and excellent and luxurious day spa. It is just a 25-minute drive north of the City.
- Big SwingTake the plunge and try the Big Rush Big Swing at the Moses Mabhida Stadium- the world’s only stadium swing and the largest swing of any kind anywhere as confirmed by the Guinness Book of Records. Jump into the void 106 metres above the pitch and swing out in a huge 220 metres arc under the iconic arch.
- Golfing ExperienceDurban’s year-round sunny climate and lush, natural environment provide a pleasant backdrop for the numerous golf courses to be found close to the city. From sea views to indigenous forest and even some courses with wild game, golfers will endure many challenges and memorable holes to test their abilities. You could spend a week or more in Durban and play a deferent 18-hole course every day, and the 19th-holes are also legendary. Here is a brief summary of the top courses.