Now, it’s time we chatted about the different ways you can prepare eggs for breakfast.
If you do have egg fatigue and eat them the same way all the time, you might like these recipes that celebrate them in a different light.
1. Egg and bacon soldiers – this childhood favourite of soft boiled eggs and strips of toast, will never get old.
2.Eggs on garlic bread toast – a brilliant invention using store bought garlic bread to add flavour to your morning eggs. Served with roasted vine tomatoes.
3. Spicy baked eggs with oat flapjacks – an unlikely combination that works so well. The oat flapjacks are great with some jam and cream too.
4. Baked egg cups – a wonderful option for a stylish weekend brunch. Throw in a Mimosa and you’re good to go!
5. French toast – whoever thought of dipping bread in egg and then frying it, is a genius! Serve your French toast with anything from sweet maple syrup and bacon to fresh seasonal berries and a dollop of thick and creamy Mascarpone.
6. Huevos Rancheros – a savoury, spicy Mexican meal that calls for some chilli and fresh coriander. Those who like their breakfast with a kick, will love this dish!
7. Polenta and egg cups – think scotch egg, with a polenta twist. These really up the breakfast steaks!
8. Turmeric and chilli-flavoured lacto-fermented eggs – this is quite a process but something totally different, and the flavour given to the eggs is unbeatable.
9. Roast tomatoes, lentils and dukkah crusted eggs – a healthy, hearty bowl that could easily be a lunch or dinner dish too.
10. Cheffy scrambled eggs salmon parcels – an impressive brunch that will have your guests raising eye-brows at your cooking skills!