Sometimes, people have binge eating disorder and they don’t even know it. There are those who know something is wrong after eating, but they just don’t know what it is. This article will share with you, what a binge eating disorder is and the common signs to look out for.
WHAT IS BINGE EATING DISORDER?
One could have an idea of what this is from the name alone. Binge eating disorder involves frequent episodes of uncontrollable binge eating. Feeling extremely distressed or upset during or after such episodes (bingeing).
We all have a way of coping with negative emotions when they set in. Unfortunately, it is food for some people — when the emotions come, they just think about food. They think about food all the time and feel guilty, ashamed, or depressed after eating.
10 SIGNS/SYMPTOMS OF BINGE EATING DISORDER
We have all at one point in our lives had too much to eat at parties and festivities. This is not what we are talking about here. Below are some 10 signs that may show you have binge eating problem.
1. Frequent episodes of eating what others would consider an abnormally large amount of food
2. Frequent feelings of being unable to control what or how much is being eaten
3. Eating much more rapidly than usual
4. Eating until uncomfortably full
5. Eating large amounts of food, even when not physically hungry
6. Eating alone out of embarrassment at the quantity of food being eaten
7. Feelings of disgust, depression, or guilt after overeating
8. Fluctuations in weight
9. Feelings of low self-esteem
10. Frequent dieting
Of course, some of these symptoms can manifest singly without it necessarily it being that of binge eating problem. However, most people with serious binge eating disorder would normally have some of the following symptoms occurring at least once a week for at least three months.